ST MARYCHURCH STREET
Full Architectural Service, Planning Advice, Planning Applications, Project Management, Service Co-ordination, Space Planning
The site consisted of a three-storey building, predominantly finished in London Stock brick with a slate roof. It was originally constructed in 1869 as a rectory and is located within a conservation area.
The brief involved a complete transformation and extension of a large 19C building into a luxury state of the art 6-bedroom family home and consisted of:
- The complete demolition of the existing building, with the exception of the upper parts of the front façade and the flank elevation of the property
- Construction of a new lower ground floor which extends from the front boundary wall, underneath the front forecourt, occupying the whole of the footprint of the original house, underneath the new rear extension and extending out into the rear garden to form an external area accessed from the lower ground floor
- A double-height space within the new two-storey rear extension with a 7.5m x 6m glazed façade
- Re-construction of the ground to third floors to create receptions rooms on the ground floor, with six bedrooms spread over the first to third floors surrounding a helical staircase in the core of the building which extends for the full height with a circular rooflight at the top of the staircase
- The front façade has been restored and a new entrance porch added, with solar panels included as part of the refurbishment works
- New oak timber double-glazed box-sash windows have been fitted throughout and the front boundary wall has been re-built and restored to its original condition
- External garden area incorporates a water feature, external fireplace and built-in BBQ, together with an upper landscaped garden
- The internal layout of the property has been completely reconfigured and incorporates specialist bespoke modern internal finishes, fitted out to an extremely high specification.