ELM PARK, STANMORE
Planning Advice, Planning Applications, Space Planning
The site consisted of a three-storey building, predominantly finished in London Stock brick with a slate roof. It was originally constructed in 1869 as a rectory and is located within a conservation area.
The site was a typical 20C detached 3-bedroom property in north London.
The scheme involved:
- Conversion of the existing hipped roof to a pitched roof and gable walls, a rear dormer with a pair of glazed French doors and a juliet balcony to create an additional large bedroom with an en-suite bathroom
- A two storey rear extension with a pair of glazed French doors and a glazed juliet balcony to create an additional bedroom at first floor, with an open-plan kitchen and reception room leading into the rear garden via fully-glazed sliding, folding doors
- A single storey side extension to create a cloakroom on the ground floor as well as additional space as part of the new kitchen and a new front entrance porch.